Re: [midcom] WG scope/deliverables

2001-02-15 13:30:03
You give a name to your house (say, "The Tulip") and
the post office knows where The Tulip is. If you move,
you can do the same at your new location, provided
there is no conflict.  This seems to be more similar to the

I suspect it only works in rural areas - I recall walking past 27A Wimpole
Street
and humming the rain in spain. Back where I grew up, the village postmen not
only
deliver without numbers, but read the letters too for those who can't :)

notion of using an IP number as a name -- but isn't this
why we need DNS? ;-)

Beg to differ - the reason we need the DNS is because its hierarchy mirrors
instead of routing. If it (the hierarchy) did routing, it (the DNS) wouldn't
be mirroring and that might change the loading/scalability issues with the DNS.

-prasad