Re: [midcom] WG scope/deliverables

2001-02-15 14:10:03
Keith,

At 10:44 PM 2/14/2001 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
> If end users are required to modify configuration files, you will see NAT
> so they don't have to.
not if the NATs cause more pain than modifying the config files.

True. However, a company that produces a NAT that is more painful to use/operate than modifying config files will not likely be in business long.

I presume that "technogeeks" includes networking professionals who can't
make their B2B applications work reliably over NATs?

Given the penetration of NAT, particularly in the business world, I suspect B2B applications that do not work with NAT will not exist too long.

Rgds,
-drc