Re: was Why we shouldn' use ASCII text (now censorship)

2001-02-22 14:20:02
on another topic, we noticed that we cannot see certain sites that
provide some interesgint IP anonymizing services -we ran a
traceroute -p xyzd to them and discovered that some hi-level ISPs are
running some port filtering - interesting - should one peer with
such folks given its hard to route around them as an end user?

this is hard to believe.  no large isp could be bothered.  please send
failure evidence to relevant operational folk and cc: me.

and remember, traceroutes are not always let through to end sites even
when data are.

randy