Re: was Why we shouldn' use ASCII text (now censorship)

2001-02-23 07:30:03

In message <17993(_dot_)982862140(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucl(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>, Jon
Crowcroft typed:

on another topic, we noticed that we cannot see certain sites that
provide some interesgint IP anonymizing services -we ran a
traceroute -p xyzd to them and discovered that some hi-level ISPs are
running some port filtering - interesting - should one peer with
such folks given its hard to route around them as an end user?

putting out the fire with gasoline...

my mistake - it was the egress from a site to an ISP that was admin
blocking the port - not an ISP - big error reading output from
traceroute -p on my part  -sorry: isps, not guilty; crowcroft, guilty.

sincerely

   jon