Re: Writing Internet Drafts on a Macintosh

2001-02-22 12:30:02
At 08.02 -0500 01-02-22, V Guruprasad wrote:
On Wed 2001.02.21, Bora Akyol wrote:

 I am trying (trying is the key word) to write Internet drafts on a
 powerbook using MS Word with the template from the IETF web-site,
 then using a PC to convert Word to text per the instructions.

 Is there a better way to write IDs on a Mac?

I personally prefer LaTeX because it vastly simplifies cross-references
within the text. LaTeX should be platform-neutral, but the dvitty driver
given is ancient.

I use a Mac, XML as described by the RFC's by Marshall Rose, and then the TCL package which Rose also wrote to create the I-D's.

Works great!

  paf