Re: Writing Internet Drafts on a Macintosh

2001-02-22 07:50:02
[Bora Akyol: Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:50:36PM -0800]
I am trying (trying is the key word) to write Internet drafts on a
powerbook using MS Word with the template from the IETF web-site,
then using a PC to convert Word to text per the instructions.

Is there a better way to write IDs on a Mac?

I recently had my first experience using the setup described by
Marshall Rose in rfc2629 (Writing I-Ds and RFCs using XML) and was
very pleased. You should be able to create the XML base in Word (or
whatever) and use the referenced tools to produce both conforming text
and html from the same base. If you can't run the tools on your
platform there is a website that you just submit the XML to and it
will generate either text or HTML as output.

-P