Re: Writing Internet Drafts on a Macintosh

2001-02-22 12:20:02
At 11.21 -0500 01-02-22, Keith Moore wrote:
 > Then, IMO ietf needs to define a set of XML tags and instead of 'well
 defined' or valid HTML we will have 'valid' XML and it will be indexable
 and the same every time, otherwise it won't render. :)

a fine idea and certanily doable, though it wouldn't allow people
to produce or read I-Ds any more easily than they can do so now.
tools for creatng (something resembling) HTML and for reading it
abound; tools for manipulating XML exist but are not as widely deployed.

The XML DTD is defined. You use the XML source to create ASCII which becomes the acrchival format. The XML can be saved _aswell_ (just like the postscript, nroff source or whatever).

There are even people which have the RFC-Index.txt (sort of) file in XML format so it is easy to cut&paste and create the references section.

  paf