HTML better for small PDAs

2001-02-22 15:30:02
I read the entire XML-SOAP document on my PDA, and that convinced me that
reading documents on a small device is doable.  I would be happy to put lots of
RFCs and I-Ds on my PDA and have them available even when I don't have a laptop
around.  However, plain ASCII text, like the RFCs, looks pretty bad on a small
device, because the paragraphs don't wrap in a pleasing way.  HTML looks a lot
better on a PDA than plain ASCII.

For this reason, I would like to see documents authored in some kind of HTML or
XML format that can be converted to plain text as well as formats that are
viewable on small devices.

--
Doug Sauder