Re: capitulation to closed organizaions (was Re: rfc publication suggestions)

2001-03-14 02:40:01
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:03:18 PST, "James P. Salsman" said:
P.S.  Valdis:  TCP requires its input to be buffered.  You must have
been thinking of RTP or some other UDP-like destroyer of audio quality.

No, I wasn't thinking of RTP.  What I *specifically* stated was that
an MUA would probably record any audio into a temporary file and THEN
send it out.  YOu don't hit 'SEND' and then 'RECORD' so you ship
the data out in real time (at least not for any SMTP I've seen).
The situation for HTTP upload is of course different - that *coould*
be a case of hitting 'SUBMIT' first and then 'RECORD'.

Think - where is your audio in Eudora during the time between when you
stop recording and when you hit 'SEND'? Yes, it's in a disk file. ;)