RE: ietf/istf role in US Disaster?

2001-09-12 04:20:03
congestion is US. Have a look on http://www.internettrafficreport.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: TOMSON ERIC [mailto:Eric(_dot_)Tomson(_at_)siemens(_dot_)atea(_dot_)be]
Sent: mercredi 12 septembre 2001 9:54
To: 'Anthony Atkielski'
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: ietf/istf role in US Disaster?

We've been blocked for some (long) minutes, here in Belgium, in the hours
that followed The Events.
Many companies, many users were unable to access the Web.
I know of a major direct backbone connection in a near ISP (tens of Mbps)
that didn't respond anymore.
What could have been the reason? Too much sudden traffic? Some strategic
nodes destroyed? Bad re-routing?

All my thoughts go to the victims and their families. I personally was in
Washington last month, my wife was there even more recently, and my best
friend was piloting an Airbus to Northern America last night and had to turn
on his heel back to Europe...

Now, let's try to keep cool and professional, and keep our subject
Internet-related.
Even though this is very hard and difficult for some of us, let's do our
part of the job.

God bless all of us.