Re: CAN I POST A TECHNICAL QUESTION REGARDING DOMAIN NAME SERVERS HERE?

2001-09-20 23:40:03
On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:08:11 PDT, Fred Baker said:
if you start babbling about ICANN boards we might kick you off the list.

A case could be made that the ICANN board is at least somewhat an IETF
concern, since we have a vested interest in making sure that there is
at least enough cluons there to move the needle on the cluon fluxometer.
We don't need them proposing technically unworkable schemes.

Long-time IETF readers probably recognise Fred's comment as a *mostly* empty
threat, considering the number of truly memorable net.kooks immortalized
in the ietf+censored mailing list's filters.  Of course, that was an older
time, before the days of SirCam and other silicon-based posters of nonsense.
The carbon-based posters were at least more random and less boring.  Let's
face it, the FlemBot, although annoying, was more interesting than Yet Another
SirCam Posting - except for the rare attachments that rated an "Oh MY".

Having said that, asking if it were permitted is probably a good idea,
as it allows those of us with weaker cardiovascular systems to avoid
the shock of a unexpectedly on-charter posting... ;)

/Valdis (who admits to occasionally leaving cookies out for the trolls, even
when he personally was low on cluons (which is most of the time ;) )

P.S. "Here troll troll troll... I have a nice chocolate chip cookie for you..."