What is the "Internet Architecture" ?

2001-10-16 09:50:03
----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Moore" <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
To: "Brian E Carpenter" <brian(_at_)hursley(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>
Cc: "grenville armitage" <gja(_at_)ureach(_dot_)com>; <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: Proposal for a revised procedure-making process for the IETF

Well, that is an experimental question. My feeling is that if a specific
process question comes up - let's say, a proposal to increase IAB
membership to 99 seats, to create a silly example - we could have a
much more focussed discussion in the "iab99" WG with a very limited
charter than has proved possible in recent years in Poisson.

Problem is, process questions are not always that specific.  If for
example there were a growing sense that WGs take too long, that IESG
approves too many broken documents, and that too many WGs are having
an adverse effect on the Internet architecture - the solution to
this problem might somehow involve IETF process, but we would not be
likely to find a solution by chartering a WG that is centered around
someone's draft proposal.

Keith

What is the "Internet Architecture" ?

Is there a picture somewhere ?

The "toy" IPv4 Internet is a sewer.
IPv8 is designed to be a swamp to cover the sewer.
IPv16 is the "high-ground"....

...here are some links...

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com