Re: Proposal for a revised procedure-making process for the IETF

2001-10-18 02:50:02
Keith Moore wrote:

Well, that is an experimental question. My feeling is that if a specific
process question comes up - let's say, a proposal to increase IAB
membership to 99 seats, to create a silly example - we could have a
much more focussed discussion in the "iab99" WG with a very limited
charter than has proved possible in recent years in Poisson.

Problem is, process questions are not always that specific.  If for
example there were a growing sense that WGs take too long, that IESG
approves too many broken documents, and that too many WGs are having
an adverse effect on the Internet architecture - the solution to
this problem might somehow involve IETF process, but we would not be
likely to find a solution by chartering a WG that is centered around
someone's draft proposal.

True, but if someone writes a problem statement we could charter
a SLOWBROKEN WG to find a solution.

   Brian