Forward value reference

2001-10-17 12:20:02
Hello,

I was going through various MIBs and found that in few
of them "forward value reference" for an Object
identifier is used. I didnt find that in standard MIBs
like RMON, RMON2, SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB, SNMP-TARGET-MIB,
RFC1213-MIB etc.

Kindly let me know asap, if "forward value reference"
for an Object identifier is allowed or not.

eg. testObj :: OBJECT IDENTIFIER { comingNext 1 }

    comingNext ::= OBJECT IDENTIFIER { mib-2 99 }

    here 'comingNext' is defined after 'testObj'

    Is this allowed?