Re: Multicast channels at the 52nd IETF

2001-10-23 06:40:02
At 00:01 23/10/01, Edward Lewis wrote:
I am hearing that international travel will be problematic
for the time being.

        It is not clear to me how your firm's international travel rules
impact the IETF meeting in Salt Lake City, since TIS Labs is in Maryland,
which is a domestic flight from Utah.  Perhaps you are a telecommuter
who works outside North America ?

        Generally speaking, international travel is fully functional
and working just fine.  At Washington/Dulles, for example,
international flights tend to clear FASTER than domestic flights
these days, because the staff are accustomed to handling international
flights with more care.

        Bottom line is that there might be economic reasons that
some firm chooses not to pay for its staff to travel, as at any time,
but there isn't a shortage of either flights or seats.  And safety
on US domestic air travel is a great deal higher now than it was
prior to early September, having flown myself since then.

Ran
rja(_at_)inet(_dot_)org