RE: Microsoft .NET Licensing

2001-10-23 17:40:02
If Microsoft wants .Net to succeed, it should make developer  access free.
How
many Windows applications would there be today if every developer of such
an
application had to pay Microsoft $10,000 per year?

I agree.  I'm not even sure why they are doing this.

While it is certainly possible I don't understand what they mean by charging
$10,000/year and $1,500/year per .NET app, the problem I have is, if I can't
understand how much it's going to cost me just to write an app on .NET,
how the heck can I build a business app on it?

I was speaking with one Microsoft rep in e-mail, and I made the comment
that I was going to have to hire someone just to figure out all these
licensing issues, handle product activiation, and compliance things,
and the person responded:

ROFLMAO!

She didn't realize I wasn't making a joke.

Kyle Lussier
www.AutoNOC.com