RE: Microsoft .NET Licensing

2001-10-24 15:30:02
Linux isn't even a blip on the radar in the vast majority of
shops.  Having one in the building isn't the same as having a mixed shop.

Well, I definitely don't agree with that.

I'm not sure what types of shops you are talking about, but I would
say the minority of our customers don't have Linux in one critical
role or another.  I don't remember the last time I was off site and
didn't see at least one Linux box up running somewhere.

But these are all back room applications.  I agree with your
assertion that Linux is but a blip on the desktop.  But in
the back end, for the majority of our customers it is a core
platform, and increasingly so.

Kyle Lussier