RE: Microsoft .NET Licensing

2001-10-24 05:50:02

Someone inside Microsoft gives me a clear info about this:

to be clear, developers will get .NET My Services bits as part of SDK
for free if they subscribe MSDN.
1.5K/per app is for partner who wants to test/to be certified against a
live testing environment hosted by Microsoft.

The 10K fee is for the ASP/ISP partners who host web applications that
consume the .NET My Services hosted by Microsoft.

Thanks for taking time to look into this Peter.

I'm still not clear on this.  Can you develop a .NET application,
ship it, and sell it commercially without paying any fees?  Or is
"registration/testing" required?

Kyle Lussier