RE: Why IPv6 is a must?

2001-11-12 16:40:03
Peter Ford writes:

| It must change: "eventually".  For short duration changes you have
| Mobile IP.  For changes that have longer time horizon you have host
| renumbering, which by the design of v6 is now fairly trivial.   Seems
| like this base might be adequately covered, no?=20

I would love a demonstration of a painless renumbering of a large IPv6 site
over various timescales using these or other mechanisms which might
be brought forward onto the IETF standards track, and would personally
try to help get a successful demonstrator some good press attention.
Perhaps you know of some organization that could use some of that
from a Mac-wielding BSD nerd who votes in the European Union?

Small qualifier: large should be something like MIT[v4] (which has
not renumbered out of 18/8[v4], for example), rather than the largest
IPv6 sites in existence today, which I bet are somewhat smaller.

        Sean.