Re: Why is IPv6 a must?

2001-11-14 11:50:02
- ii) tying the rendezvous to the original topological location of the host
does have potential failure modes (e.g. if that part of the network goes
unreachable, the mobile host may become unreachable even if it's still
online elsewhere);

does the rendezvous location really have to be the "original topological
location" of the host or is that just how folks started thinking about it?

and given that the rendezvous location has to be somewhere in the network,
how can we get around the problem that that location might become
unreachable no matter where it's located?   I mean, you could replicate
the information to multiple sites and use anycast to find a location, but
would this fundamentally change the mobile IP protocol?

Keith