Re: Splitting the IETF-Announce list?

2001-11-14 11:30:02
On 11/14/01 at 12:12 PM -0500, Leslie Daigle wrote:

hyperfocus on drafts only in your own WG's strikes me as dangerous.

I agree. However, that's not what *I'm* doing. With regard to I-D's:

1. I want immediate notification of drafts in WG's that I follow because I will likely contribute to them immediately. That notification I get from the WG list.

2. I want immediate notification of drafts going to IETF Last Call because time is of the essence and we want to keep the IESG happy by helping them. That notification I get in the Last Call announcement.

3. I can survive going to the IETF-Announce archive once a month and scanning other I-D submissions instead of getting immediate notification. The vast majority of them I'll have minimal input into and the ones of interest can usual survive without my direct attention for a few weeks.

Over the past week, we've been averaging 23 I-D announcements per day, usually all in the AM. That's a good hunk of mail, especially on those days when I'm out and about and sputtering over my poor little mobile phone as my data link.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated