Re: Splitting the IETF-Announce list?

2001-11-15 13:30:01
There exist security problems associated with HTML-enabled mail readers,
and the security of this list (given the MASSIVE number of viri
distributed through it) is sufficiently suspect to disable that in many
systems.

We're not talking about this list, though; we're talking about
ietf-announce, where only the Secretariat can post.  Moreover, we're
probably talking about an optional digestified form of ietf-announce;
people who can't trust their MUA don't have to use it.

|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer         |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com  |Incentive Systems, Inc.    |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.    |
|"What we have here is a failure to assimilate." --Cool Hand|
|Locutius                                                   |