Re: Splitting the IETF-Announce list?

2001-11-19 09:10:03
Seems to me this is a case where "put up or shut up" might apply - we can
test this theory without any centralized action at all.

I *think* the matter of making 2 lists (or 3, or 4, or...) can be done in
about 1 hour using Procmail and Mailman on an Unix box: subscribe once to
the ietf-announce list, let procmail feed into a set of mailman aliases. Go.

Anyone can set up this without any help from the secretariat. If it gathers
10% of the subscribers of the announce list itself, it has proved itself in
the "marketplace", and we can think about letting the Secretariat run the
service.

Anyone who wants to put up?

                   Harald