RE: Splitting the IETF list

2001-11-19 02:20:02
Brian,

Certainly, I agree.

As a long term solution we can stop free-subscription to IETF and
subscription-by-payment be there for whosoever wishes to have access.
The charges can be made nominal. This way atleast we can have some check
on the unscrupulous elements sending mails to the list.

- Pankaj

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E Carpenter [SMTP:brian(_at_)HURSLEY(_dot_)IBM(_dot_)COM]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 1:59 PM
To:   Andy Bierman
Cc:   ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject:      Re: Splitting the IETF list

Andy,

I don't see how this will help. The nonsense messages will still come,
from the usual sources, often copied to both lists, which will only
increase the level of annoyance.

[Splitting the -announce list doesn't have this disadvantage.]

   Brian

Andy Bierman wrote:

Hi,

I would like the IESG to consider splitting this list into 2 lists.
One list for discussion of Last Call issues and another for
everything else (including minor stuff like splitting the
IETF-Announce or IETF lists :-)

thanks,
Andy