Re: example .procmailrc stuff for announce lists

2001-11-22 12:20:02
On 11/21/01 at 9:57 PM -0800, Eliot Lear wrote:

For those who don't know procmail, here is a sample config for just the IETF-announce list. I think this is what Harald is talking about.

Actually, no, this wasn't what Harald was talking about. I *could* run procmail if I really wanted all of that traffic to come to my machine. But I don't. It's actually putting the load on my local network and machine that I consider the problem. What Harald suggested is that someone with bandwidth and disk space to spare run a reflector using procmail that would do the split to demonstrate its use and then pass it on to the secretariat if it turned out to be of use. I am not on a network that would make this reasonable. Someone else suggested that they were working on it.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102