Re: Cable Co's view: NAT is bad because we want to charge per IP

2001-11-28 07:40:04
P.S.: Just to be clear, the other problem that the article finds with
NAT is that it enables you to share your connection with neighbors.

<dig, dig>...actually, this is the only problem the article finds.  And,
yes, I can certainly understand why they consider it a problem: those
neighbors are getting, for free, the same bandwidth they would if they
paid for the cable modem service.  Sounds like theft of services to me.

|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer           |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com  |Incentive Systems, Inc.      |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.      |
|"You're nothing but a pack of ringleaders!" --_Wyrd Sisters_,|
|Terry Pratchett                                              |