Re: [idn] WG last call summary

2002-03-18 10:20:02
In other words, the code re-write and upgrde is going to have to happen
sometime.

right.  but it's not in our power to tell people when to do the rewrite
and upgrade.  and insisting that everyone upgrade all applications to
accept IDNs before anyone uses IDNs won't work.  there's too much demand
for IDNs right now, and people are already deploying it.  since we don't
have the luxury of upgrading everything first, we need a solution that
minimizes the harm when IDNs are used with legacy software.

Keith