Re: [idn] WG last call summary

2002-03-19 04:10:03
Furthermore, the IETF specifications that allow 7-bit software should be
fixed as soon as possible. Do you disagree with this?

Or do you want these bugs to continue to plague programmers in 10 years?
20 years? 50 years?

I'm having trouble understanding why we're still using these old
protocols. Does a standardized transparent (in the "binary" sense of the
word) mail protocol with built-in support for multi-part messages exist?
Then why isn't it being implemented all over the place?

It would make things a whole lot simpler: no UTF-8 or MIME encoding of
international characters would be nessecary (use Unicode), binary
attachments would take up significantly less space and Unicode IDNs could
easily be supported.
--
Thor Harald Johansen