Re: IETF Meetings - High Registration Fees

2002-03-18 12:20:03
--On Monday, March 18, 2002 08:17 -0800 "Kevin C. Almeroth" <almeroth(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucsb(_dot_)edu> wrote:

BTW, slightly better than just not showing up is watching the
multicast feed.

In fact, the more people who choose to participate this way
will indeed serve to make a justification to make this better,
i.e. real-time feedback from the network, etc.

And before anyone starts whining about not having multicast access,
the alternative is to send out unicast streams.  And of course this
creates an immense cost in terms of additional bandwidth needed out
of the hotel.

Point taken, but as an individual contributor I don't think I'm going to have much luck talking to SBC/PacBell... and I don't think individual contributors on the end of 56k dialup are going to be able to get much either.