Re: IETF Meetings - High Registration Fees

2002-03-18 08:50:03
large companies are
just as sensitive to meeting costs as small companies or individuals. The
whole
idea of tiered prices is based on a massive misunderstanding of the way
companies
manage expenses.

In fact, large corporations can be *more* sensitive to meeting costs,
because they have better accounting processes in place.  In London, I
heard that IBM had a travel freeze; only a very few people had been able
to get approval to come.  My employer at the time, eCal, had sent me as a
matter of course, just because it was what we always did.  One month
later, eCal announced it was going out of business.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Organ transplants are best left to the professionals.   |