Re: Sponsorship (was Re: IETF Meetings - High Registration Fees)

2002-03-19 16:30:02

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

I think this is an artifact of the use of mailing lists for WG traffic:
it's just not practical to follow all the mailing lists.  (I sure
don't.)  A possible solution would be to feed all of the WG lists into a
read-only IMAP (and NNTP) server, making it easier to browse a wider
cross section of lists without completely obliterating your inbox

I've been doing this (via IMAP) for years and it works well for me.  Now
if the IETF (and the rest of the world) would make list archives available
via anonymous IMAP, then we all wouldn't have to do this ourselves.  And
if IMAP clients would properly support anonymous IMAP, then it might be
generally useful.  (Sorry, this seems to be All Rants All The Time Week on
the IETF list, so I had to add one of mine. 8^)

 - RL "Bob"