Re: Sponsorship (was Re: IETF Meetings - High Registration Fees)

2002-03-19 14:10:01
essentially all of the work done at meetings happens in the hallways,
restaurants, and bars - when small groups of people get together ...

Yes, I see.  So much for the myth of an open process.

I'm willing to place bets that a *very* large chunk of things
accomplished in the hallways of *THIS* IETF will be a BOF at the
*next* one, and a working group at the one after that.

You've said that you don't go to meetings, so I won't fault your
naivete, but the bulk of the hallway and bar work consists of
squashing, not originating, WG items.