Re: [idn] Moving Towards UTF8 vs ASCII(ACE) Forever

2002-03-21 15:20:02
A plugin could be "non-nonsensibly" created to intercept
all domain requests and responses and doing the encode and decode for ACE
accordingly.  This is all we need to make ACE work.

Provably false: well-coded applications know the limitations of domain
names, and do not even attempt to make requests for non-ASCII names.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer            |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.       |
|"She gets kidnapped. He gets killed. But it turns out okay." --|
|_Princess Bride_ poster                                        |