Re: I-D ACTION:draft-etal-ietf-analysis-00.txt

2002-04-01 15:40:02
At 01:36 PM 3/28/02 -0800, Marshall Rose wrote:
however, it may be useful for folks to actually read the draft before making comments... thus far, i've only seen two folks with comments who claim to have actually read the thing.

I'll echo Matt's comments. I read it, I tried to fault the statistics, and failed. I did have a small comment on the data formats for gathering statistics, passed privately to one of the authors. I'd maybe quibble about the choice of tools for doing data analysis. All small beer.

The main message I took away is that there's a lot of potentially useful IETF management data being collected on Internet-connected computers, but which is not really available for use because there's no commonly accepted format for it. And some common tools for running some aspects of IETF processes might be handy -- issue tracking, WG deliverable tracking, etc. capable of both consuming and providing information for tools used by other parties in the overall process (IESG, IANA, RFC editor, etc.)

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK(_at_)NineByNine(_dot_)org>