RE: I-D ACTION:draft-etal-ietf-analysis-00.txt

2002-04-13 18:14:43
It would also help a lot not to discourage people that are willing to
volunteer. If what you want is your name on a RFC, then the IETF is the
place to be. If you want to develop a protocol, I highly recommend a
mailing list outside of the IETF, where work technical work can be
accomplished without being blocked by politics and incompetent
leadership.

Michel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Crocker [mailto:dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net]
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 4:50 PM
To: Randy Bush
Cc: ietf(_at_)IETF(_dot_)ORG
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-etal-ietf-analysis-00.txt

At 04:34 PM 4/13/2002 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
Another, very different reaction to the disparity between promise
and
accomplishment is to ensure that working groups meet their
milestones.

and if they don't we reduce their salaries, right?

or perhaps leverage more appropriate to our volunteer circumstances...

for example it is interesting to watch how working group dynamics
sometimes
change when an area director indicates an intent to shut down a
non-performing effort.

In other words, taking milestones seriously and, therefore, taking
appropriate action when they are not met, would be interesting to
consider.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave(_at_)tribalwise(_dot_)com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850