Re: I-D ACTION:draft-etal-ietf-analysis-00.txt

2002-04-13 22:24:42
randy, apparently you missed your own words. you said "rather minor", not "part of". that is an explicit effort to deprecate its role.

and, by the way, there is plenty of experience suggesting that time pressure often improves quality. it focuses the group and emphasizes near-term utility. within discussions about project management, it is usually recognized that milestones are not merely for measuring progress but also for motivating it.

d/

At 06:01 PM 4/13/2002 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
>> of course.  but making milestones, especially in a culture reknown
>> for poor estimation, seems to be a rather minor aspect of producing
>> quality.  and i believe the latter to be far more important, and to
>> be more difficult to judge, motivate, guide, ...
> high quality that misses its market window is very low quality.

shame you missed my words.  i did not say time was inconsequential.
i said it was part of quality, but not the most important nor the

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave(_at_)tribalwise(_dot_)com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850