RE: Jabber BOF afterthoughts

2002-07-25 09:54:39

--On 23. juli 2002 21:49 -0400 "Peterson, Jon" <jon(_dot_)peterson(_at_)neustar(_dot_)biz> wrote:

I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest that chartering a new
WG today that competes directly with SIMPLE would be taken by many to mean
that the IETF still has not arrived at a workable solution (and no doubt
some proponents of XMPP feel that to be the case).

I think the single step most useful to stem this perception is to get the CPIM documents out the door and published, have at least one IM-transport protocol publish its interface to CPIM, and having running code that proves that the resulting functionality is in fact useful.

Pair of facts beats house of prediction.

                               Harald