Re: Jabber BOF afterthoughts

2002-07-23 18:33:08
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:21:40 BST, Lloyd Wood said:

XML! XML! it's XML! whatever happened to Java?

Any hammer, once it's used for pounding enough screws and bolts, starts
looking rather dented and abused.  The obvious solution is to buy an new
bright shiny hammer with which to pound screws and bolts.

(Note - I think XML and Java are both *wonderful* for certain tasks - but
if there's anything I've learned in 20+ years of this, it's that *nothing*
is The Next Great Thing To Fix Everything)
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer