Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-29 09:26:03
You said:

"This aint rocket science, and keeping track of namesystems is
about as complicated as keeping track of port numbers."

Except for the minor consumer fraud that "oh, by the way you can only use
certain ISPs and you have to configure your DNS settings for alternate TLD
foo to work." [This fits really nicely on a business card].

And this arrogant thing about: "...the official roots should just list all
the info from our alternate roots so that everything will work
seamlessly." Have your cake and eat it too.

Richard, I have a strong desire to add a new area code in the US. I was
thinking of calling it "370" which is "OLE" upside down, but perhaps 370
is already taken, I'll have to check. Anyway, it would work just like any
other area code of course (apart from the local access number 27 digit PIN
and such to make it work), but I think it would be really neat.

Call 1-800-OLE-OLE-NOW

I like it already, and I don't see why I should not be allowed to set this
up just like that.

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal