Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-30 01:43:01
This is just plain silly;-)... No one in the ORSC effort says anything like the words you are trying to put in our mouths.

Such as: "oh, by the way you can only use certain ISPs and you have to configure your DNS settings for alternate TLD foo to work."

This "discussion" would go much better for you all if you will allow us to say for ourselves what we want to say, and not put your misbegotten words in our mouths. Your quote marks are simply false.

What we say is very simple: If you want to see the Whole Internet, you are welcome do so by pointing your DNS resolver at our ORSC root servers, which just happen to include all of the ICANNic TLDs, plus our ORSC TLDs, (except for one small TLD which was created deliberately by ICANN to create a conflict which we cannot resolve because ICANN refuses to so much as recognize us. They simply act as though we do not exist.

This is fine by us, as it is ICANN that is fouling its own nest, at its own pleasure. We hope they are enjoying the results.

Or you can stay with access to the limited ICANNic Internet available to you by using the ICANNic roots. It is your free choice to make.

If it means that you have to change ISPs because your current ISP chooses to prohibit your interactions with the ORSC portion of Whole Internet, this only points out that among other things, it really is your choice, and not someone else's choice to make.

So, please, make your choice for yourself and please allow others to make their choice for themselves.

Who died and made you King of the Internet?

Cheers...\Stef