Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-30 17:24:16

on 7/30/2002 7:05 PM Christian Huitema wrote:

I am pretty sure that the load caused by ".org" to the root is almost
equal to the load of ".com", and that ".edu" is pretty close.

There is only way to resolve (hah!) this question, which is to get the
stats. My own cache -- which certainly counts as one data-point -- does
not currently have .org in it, for example, and it would not have had .edu
without Keith.

Along the same line, it's not beyond belief to think that a small ISP in
(say) France would be able to expire through .com within a two-day TTL
window easily, since the majority of the traffic could very well be local
mail recipients and sites.

I would like to see the stats, please.