Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-29 22:50:20

Ole J. Jacobsen wrote:
Uncle Stef,

What is this "choice" crap???

Not that I think it's a good idea, but see new.net, e.g.

There's a button which people - like your father - can click and do damage to their own DNS configuration. :-)

Internet users may have no idea what the DNS is, but their configurations are being hacked already, perhaps without their knowledge, to consult these alternate roots.

It happens when you use DHCP with an ISP that uses one of these alternate trees - unless you run your own server, any request that you delegate can get shunted.

It also happens when you run software for configuration, ala 'install-me' CDs from Juno, or clicking as above.

Joe