Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-30 08:10:19
On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:38:33 PDT, Einar Stefferud said:
Yes,  Valdis, we (or ORSC) clearly observe that we can create a
conflict free composite DNS root by using coordination tools to
assure that conflicts are resolved for the benefit of the users of
the whole internet.

Explain how that's "multiple roots" rather than "one root with multiple
registrars"?

(For the record - I have no problems with "one root with multiple registrars",
and think it's an idea that perhaps should be pursued.  It's even a solved
problem on the technical side - we've been doing it for .COM for a while now).