Re: get technical, please? , Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-30 16:54:37
ed, how would you suggest to resolve an email address if it returns ambiguous
results?

At 03:51 PM 7/30/2002 -0700, Ed Gerck wrote:
And I am waiting to hear some substantive technical arguments why a
name query cannot have more than one answer and still be resolvable,
when everything else we ask in life has more than one answer and yet
we are able to resolve them. To set the groundwork for an attempt to such
answer, let me recall that the DNS seems to be the only logical system that
tries to  be both complete and resolvable, when we know for a mathematical
fact that these two qualities do not go together for a system with a complexity
larger than arithmetics.

Vint Cerf
SVP Architecture & Technology
WorldCom