Re: get technical, please? , Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-31 09:10:10
Ed Gerck wrote:

2) Explain how to deal with the case of "fred(_at_)harris(_dot_)com" being a
valid
destination for more than one site?

This is an automatic reply to your request for:

And what happens if someone whose address is fred(_at_)harris(_dot_)com wants to
subscribe to a mailing list? How is majordomo going to know which Harris
to pick?

Or what if Fred sends mail to George and Barney; George wants to reply
to all, but doesn't know which of the potential Barneys is the one that
got the original message?

More to the point, why should someone who sends dozens of messages per
day have to pick the right recipient for each one? It can be done, sure,
but what benefit does it bring anybody?

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centivinc(_dot_)com  |