Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-29 09:32:31
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 02:11:57 PDT, Einar Stefferud
<Stef(_at_)thor(_dot_)nma(_dot_)com>  said:

ORSC was highly successful in this effort, until ICANN chose to
collide with one of our ORSC pre-existing TLDs, and the refusal of
ICANN (and others such as IETF, IAB and ISOC) to recognize this

So what you're saying is that if there's no coordination, there's a problem.

Unfortunately, if you assume the existance of such coordination, what you
have is *one root with multiple registrars*.  We already know THAT model
more-or-less works in the ICANN root.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer