Re: way out of the DNS problems? (former Re: delegation mechanism, Re: Trees have one root)

2002-08-05 10:03:18

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Einar Stefferud wrote:

Hi Keith --- You are getting closer to understanding what is going on.

Someone has previously noted that the real control point of the "."
is in the hands of all the individual users of the DNS, who as I have
pointed out "Vote Early and Often" for their favorite root service.

exactly - i've been pointing this out for years  .. there is no monopoly -
control is in the hands of the end user.

what really gets to me is all the legal decisions, abstracts and summaries
that rely on the false assumption of monopoly which most in the legal and
political communities have been sold on by icann.  and what is icann's
liability for deceiving these people.

regards
joe baptista