Re: delegation mechanism, Re: Trees have one root

2002-08-05 09:53:32
Well, D'Crock old buddy;-)...  Good to see you are stalking me still.
I was beginning to think that maybe you had lost your taste for stalking.

So, I shall break my long standing rule and reply to you directly
just this once.

We don't seem to agree that the user might well enjoy having some
choices that you would like to keep them from having, and since there
is a market demand and no law against meeting said market demand, the
natural fulfillment events follow.

Every user of the ORSC root service has decided to install the IP
address of an ORSC root server in their own password controlled DNS
settings file, and you and your buddies have no tool other than
stalking and badgering to inhibit them from making their choice.

Thanks you for the opportunity to point this out to a large number of
knowledgeable people.

It is like an election, only in this case, voting early and often
(with every DNS query) is the appropriate mode of behavior.

Further, .BIZ was the 2nd new TLD approved by Jon Postel back in
1996, so it had a very legitimate birth, which ICANN has chosen to
ignore.

So, now then, who died and made you king?

Enjoy your crown while you have it.  Just remember, when you run over
someone just because they are in your way, it is not a good way to
make friends and influence people.  Sometimes other people take note
of your Kingly behavior.

Cheers...\Stef