Re: Correcting an incorrect assertion. Was: Re: delegation mechanism...

2002-08-05 09:34:09
From: Einar Stefferud <Stef(_at_)thor(_dot_)nma(_dot_)com>
The privatization of NSFnet by Steve Wolfe was a master stroke by any
comparison to ICANN.  Among other things, it actually works, although
it surely needs to adjust with its changing market.

It actually doesn't, unless you consider things like NATs and
the disruption of the basic design model (i.e. the
increasing visibility of borders between networks) to be
"working."  Furthermore, it's more on-topic than is
discussion of ICANN - if nothing else, ICANN discussions
reliably bring out people who otherwise have nothing else to
say about the substantive work of the IETF.

I am just trying to shed some helpful light on the issues,
by calling a spade a spade, when I see one.

Why aren't you doing it on the aft mailing list?

Melinda