Re: Correcting an incorrect assertion. Was: Re: delegation mechanism...

2002-08-03 20:23:42

Gordon Cook <cook(_at_)cookreport(_dot_)com> writes:
You'll note that he didn't post that here.

Not sure what your point is.  Caitlin suggested that IETF should stick
to its engineering and ignore what appeared to be just a political
matter.  I pointed out that Lessig in his two books has demonstrated
very eloquently that engineers will ignore politics at their peril.

Perhaps we prefer to keep our politics on other mailing lists where we
manage our political activities, and make contributions to EFF and
such, rather than spending our time on endless long debates on the
main IETF mailing list.

.pm